Bluebeam 2020 Download: A Guide for AEC Professionals
If you are looking for a PDF software that can help you with your design and construction workflows, you might want to consider downloading Bluebeam 2020. Bluebeam is a leading provider of construction software that delivers award-winning PDF creation, editing, markup, and collaboration technology. In this article, we will explain what Bluebeam 2020 is, why you should download it, how to download it, and how to use it.
What is Bluebeam 2020?
Bluebeam 2020 is the latest version of Bluebeam’s software that includes two main products: Bluebeam Revu 2020 and Bluebeam Cloud 2020.
Bluebeam Revu 2020
Bluebeam Revu 2020 is a desktop application that runs on Windows operating systems. It allows you to create, edit, annotate, and share PDF documents with ease. You can also use it to measure and takeoff dimensions, compare drawing revisions, collaborate in real time with other users, and integrate with popular AECO applications such as AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, SharePoint, and ProjectWise.
Bluebeam Revu 2020 comes in three editions: Standard, CAD, and eXtreme. Each edition has different features and plugins for different needs. You can compare the features and pricing of each edition here.
Bluebeam Cloud 2020
Bluebeam Cloud 2020 is a web-based platform that allows you to access your PDF documents from any device, anywhere. You can also use it to collaborate with your team members and stakeholders on the go. You can mark up PDFs, manage punch lists, RFIs, and submittals, store your files securely in the cloud, and get geolocational insights on your projects.
Bluebeam Cloud 2020 is included with any subscription plan of Bluebeam Revu 2020. You can access it from your web browser or download the mobile app from the App Store.
Why should you download Bluebeam 2020?
Bluebeam 2020 is designed to help architecture, engineering, and construction professionals improve their productivity, quality, and profitability. Here are some of the benefits of downloading Bluebeam 2020:
Benefits of Bluebeam 2020 for architects, engineers, and contractors
- Improve communication and design quality with intuitive 2D and 3D PDF markup tools
- Maintain data integrity and accuracy with smart plugins for PDF creation from CAD applications
- Save time and money by automating complex processes such as form creation, batch link, batch slip sheet, OCR, batch sign and seal, and quantity link
- Reduce risk and errors by tracking and managing annotations in the Markups List
- Streamline workflows by integrating with document management systems such as SharePoint and ProjectWise
- Enhance collaboration by working together in real time in Studio Sessions or Projects
- Optimize project performance by leveraging markup data across the entire project lifecycle
Features of Bluebeam 2020 that make it stand out from other PDF software
- Customize your PDFs with dynamic stamps, digital signatures, watermarks, headers and footers, bookmarks, hyperlinks, and more
- Create and edit PDF forms with text fields, buttons, checkboxes, radio buttons, drop-down lists, and more
- Compare and overlay PDF documents to identify changes and discrepancies
- Search and extract text, images, and metadata from PDFs
- Redact sensitive information from PDFs
- Convert scanned documents into searchable and editable PDFs with optical character recognition (OCR)
- Split, merge, rotate, crop, resize, flatten, and secure PDFs
- Create 3D PDFs from Revit, Navisworks, SketchUp Pro, and any IFC file
- View, measure, and markup 3D PDFs with a variety of tools such as section box, perspective view, orthographic view, and more
- Export PDF markups to CSV, XML, or PDF summary reports
How to download Bluebeam 2020?
If you are interested in downloading Bluebeam 2020, you need to make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements and that you have a valid license or subscription plan. Here are the steps to download Bluebeam 2020:
System requirements for Bluebeam 2020
According to the official website of Bluebeam, these are the minimum system requirements for Bluebeam 2020:
|Operating System||Windows 10 (64-bit)|
|Processor||Intel i3 or equivalent|
|Memory (RAM)||4 GB|
|Disk Space||Up to 4 GB of available space may be required|
|Display Resolution||1024 x 768|
|.NET Framework||.NET Framework 4.7.1 or higher|
|Browser||Internet Explorer 11 or higher|
|Internet Connection||An internet connection is required for product registration and cloud access.|
Note that these are the minimum requirements and that your performance may vary depending on your system configuration. For optimal performance, it is recommended that you use a higher specification system.
Pricing and plans for Bluebeam 2020
To download Bluebeam 2020, you need to have a valid license or subscription plan. There are two types of licenses available: perpetual and annual. A perpetual license is a one-time purchase that gives you access to the software indefinitely. An annual license is a subscription-based plan that gives you access to the software for one year. You can renew your annual license at the end of each term.
The pricing and plans for Bluebeam 2020 vary depending on the edition (Standard, CAD, or eXtreme) and the number of seats (users) you need. You can check the pricing and plans for Bluebeam 2020 here.
Steps to download and install Bluebeam 2020
Once you have purchased a license or subscription plan for Bluebeam 2020, you can download the software from the official website of Bluebeam. Here are the steps to download and install Bluebeam 2020:
- Go to https://www.bluebeam.com/trials/revu-2020-download/.
- Select your edition (Standard, CAD, or eXtreme) and click on «Download».
- Save the installer file (.exe) to your computer.
- Double-click on the installer file and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Enter your serial number and product key when prompted.
- Complete the installation process and launch Bluebeam Revu 2020.
- Login with your email address and password to activate your license or subscription.
- You can also access Bluebeam Cloud 2020 from your web browser or mobile app.
How to use Bluebeam 2020?
Now that you have downloaded and installed Bluebeam 2020, you can start using it to create, edit, markup, and collaborate on PDF documents. Here are some of the basic and advanced features of Bluebeam 2020 that you can use:
Basic PDF creation, editing, and markup
With Bluebeam 2020, you can create PDF documents from various sources, such as Microsoft Office files, CAD files, images, and web pages. You can also edit PDF documents by adding, deleting, moving, or resizing pages, text, images, and other elements. You can also markup PDF documents with a variety of tools, such as text boxes, callouts, shapes, lines, arrows, stamps, highlights, and more. You can customize the properties of your markups, such as color, font, size, opacity, and layer. You can also save your markups as custom tools for future use.
Advanced and specialty markups and measurements
Bluebeam 2020 also offers some advanced and specialty markups and measurements that are useful for AEC professionals. For example, you can use the following tools:
- Measurement tools: You can measure lengths, areas, perimeters, angles, radii, diameters, volumes, counts, and more. You can also calibrate your measurements to match the scale of your drawings. You can also apply markups to your measurements to show dimensions, labels, totals, and subtotals.
- Sketch tools: You can draw freehand sketches or use the sketch to scale feature to draw accurate sketches based on a predefined scale. You can also use the sketch picture feature to insert an image of a sketch from your camera or gallery.
- Capture tools: You can capture images or videos from your camera or gallery and embed them into your PDF documents. You can also add comments or markups to your captures.
- Cloud+ tools: You can use the cloud+ feature to create a cloud-shaped markup that contains multiple sub-markups. This is useful for grouping related markups together or creating punch lists.
- Polygon tools: You can use the polygon tools to create custom shapes with multiple sides and angles. You can also use the dynamic fill feature to fill in complex shapes with a single click.
- Count tools: You can use the count tools to count the number of items in your PDF documents. You can also use the count measurement feature to measure the area or volume of each item.
Collaboration and project management with Studio and Cloud
Bluebeam 2020 also enables you to collaborate and manage your projects with Studio and Cloud. Studio is a feature within Revu that allows you to create online sessions or projects where you can invite other users to join and work on the same PDF documents in real time or asynchronously. Cloud is a web-based platform that allows you to access your PDF documents from any device and collaborate with your team members and stakeholders on the go.
With Studio and Cloud, you can:
- Share PDF documents with other users without sending email attachments or uploading files to third-party servers
- Work on the same PDF documents simultaneously or at different times with other users
- Track and manage all the markups and comments made by other users
- Chat with other users within the session or project
- Set permissions and roles for different users
- Create reports and summaries of the session or project activities
- Store your PDF documents securely in the cloud
- Access your PDF documents from any device with an internet connection
- Mark up PDFs with your finger or stylus on your mobile device
- Manage punch lists, RFIs, and submittals with ease
- Get geolocational insights on your projects
In conclusion, Bluebeam 2020 is a powerful PDF software that can help you with your design and construction workflows. It allows you to create, edit, markup, measure, compare, collaborate, and manage PDF documents with ease. It also integrates with popular AECO applications and document management systems. It is designed to improve your productivity, quality, and profitability.
If you want to download Bluebeam 2020, you need to make sure that your system meets the minimum requirements and that you have a valid license or subscription plan. You can download the software from the official website of Bluebeam and follow the instructions on how to install and activate it. You can also access Bluebeam Cloud 2020 from your web browser or mobile app.
If you want to learn more about how to use Bluebeam 2020, you can check out the official user guide here. You can also watch some video tutorials here. You can also contact the Bluebeam support team here if you have any questions or issues with the software.
Here are some of the frequently asked questions about Bluebeam 2020:
Q: How can I get a free trial of Bluebeam 2020?
A: You can get a free 30-day trial of Bluebeam 2020 by filling out the form here. You will receive an email with a download link and a trial serial number and product key. You can use the trial version to test all the features of Bluebeam 2020 without any limitations.
Q: How can I upgrade from an older version of Bluebeam to Bluebeam 2020?
A: If you have a perpetual license of an older version of Bluebeam, you can upgrade to Bluebeam 2020 by purchasing an upgrade license. You can check the upgrade pricing and options here. If you have an annual license of an older version of Bluebeam, you can upgrade to Bluebeam 2020 for free as long as your subscription is active. You can download the latest version of Bluebeam from the official website and use your existing serial number and product key to activate it.
Q: How can I transfer my license or subscription of Bluebeam 2020 to another computer?
A: If you want to transfer your license or subscription of Bluebeam 2020 to another computer, you need to deactivate it from your current computer first. You can do this by going to Help > License > Deactivate in Revu. Then, you can download and install Bluebeam 2020 on your new computer and activate it with your serial number and product key. You can also use the License Transfer Wizard to automate this process. You can find more information on how to transfer your license or subscription here.
Q: How can I get training and certification on Bluebeam 2020?
A: If you want to learn more about how to use Bluebeam 2020 effectively and efficiently, you can enroll in one of the training courses offered by Bluebeam. You can choose from online, on-demand, or instructor-led courses that cover various topics and skill levels. You can also take the certification exams to validate your knowledge and skills on Bluebeam 2020. You can find more information on how to get training and certification here.
Q: How can I get support and feedback on Bluebeam 2020?
A: If you need any help or have any feedback on Bluebeam 2020, you can contact the Bluebeam support team here. You can also visit the Bluebeam community forum here to interact with other users and experts, ask questions, share tips, and get updates on the latest news and events.